See below for the sets appearing in different SpellForce games.
In the first SpellForce series those equipment sets will always have three items in it. All three items must be worn to unlock the special set effect. Wearing only one or only two items of a set will prove no additional effect.
Note that in addition to the explicitly stated effect, all 3 pieces worn together also grant 25% bonus to total armor provided by the items of the set, unless this is one of runic sets (such as Runemagic set), in which case explicit 50% bonus is the only bonus to armor.
3 pieces together also increase attribute bonuses granted by every particular set item by 25%, rounded down. E.g., items from Ereon's Knowledge give you a total of 69 Wisdom + bonus 16 Wisdom (not 69/4=17) as a result of the ring's additional 7/4=1 + the orb's additional 20/4=5 + the robe's additional 42/4=10. Runic sets are, again, an exception.
SpellForce: The Order of Dawns
There are no sets available during this game.
SpellForce: The Breath of Winter
Sawsword of the Berserk, Bone Armor of the Berserk and Skull Helmet of the Berserk
- Efficient Magic
Bone Staff of the Ancients, Bone Armor of the Ancients and Skull Helmet of the Ancients
- Efficient Aura
Helm of the Spellsinger, Robe of the Spellsinger and Ring of the Spellsinger
Runecarved Helm, Runecarved Armor and Runecarved Greaves
- Aonir's Light
Lightwoven Helmet, Lightwoven Doublet and Lightwoven Greaves
Helm of Healing, Robe of Healing and Ring of Healing
- Critical hand-to-hand hits
Helm of the Iron Falcons, Armor of the Iron Falcons and Greaves of the Iron Falcons
- Critical long-distance hits
Elite Marksman Helmet, Elite Marksman Armor and Elite Marksman Greaves
- Critical magic hits
Focus Helmet, Focus Robe and Focus Ring
SpellForce: Shadow of the Phoenix
- Zerbo's Protection
Fencing Mask, Fencing Doublet and Fencing Pants
- Nor's Revenge
Whispering Mask, Whispering Robe and Whispering Ring
- Elen's Breath
Helmet of the Preserver, Armor of the Preserver and Boots of the Preserver
- Niethalf's Blessing
Helmet of the Worldforger, Armor of the Worldforger and Legplates of the Worldforger
- Rune of the Pantheon
Armor of the Keepers, Greaves of the Guardians and Helmet of the Guardians
- Aonir's Power
Lightsteel Breastplate, Lightsteel Legplates and Lightsteel Helmet
- Tiara's Power
Robe of the Dragon Tamers, Cap of the Dragon Tamers and Ring of the Dragon Tamers
- Devine Runes
Weathered Helmet, Weathered Armor and Weathered Greaves
- Ereon's Knowledge
Robe of Wisdom, Orb of Wisdom and Ring of Wisdom
- Shanna's Healing
Robe of Kindness, Mask of Kindness and Ring of Kindness
SpellForce 2 series
In the second SpellForce series all sets will have a varying number of items in a set ranging from two to five items. There are multiple effects in each set that are unlocked step-by-step depending on the number of set items worn simultaneously. If wearing three parts of a five-part set, the effects 2 and 3 will be unlocked but 4 and 5 will remain locked. Generally the more sets items, the stronger the benefits get.
SpellForce 2: Shadow Wars
SpellForce 2: Dragon Storm
There are a number of Item Sets available throughout Dragon Storm, all of which - to my knowledge at least - are end-game sets. They are rewards for completing often long, difficult questlines.
In addition to the campaign in the free game mode of Dragon Storm and Faith in Destiny, The Arena quest was added, by completing which through you can get 10 sets of armor for level 24.
List of The Arena Quest sets:
- Armor of the Red Hunt (Heavy Combat Arts)
- Bladedancer (Combat)
- Lightwoven Chains (Chain Mail Armor)
- Steel of Eternity (Heavy Armor)
- The Creation (White Magic)
- The Eternal Night (Black Magic)
- The Ethernal Warrior (Plate Armor)
- The Primal Forces (Elemental Magic)
- The Whispers of Time (Mental Magic)
- Windarcher Armor (Combat)
Rewards for Caine's Quest Chain: Contrary to what I have seen reported elsewhere your choices over the course of Caine's quests DO matter as they determine which armour set you are given at the end of the quest. REMEMBER: Pick up the non-tradable items dropped by the people Caine was sent to judge. You must have all three items in your inventory for him to acknowledge that you have completed all of the quests and provide you with the armour.
Chainmail of Mercy - Spare all three of Caine's targets. This set uses the Dawn armour appearance used by NPCs of the Order of Dawn.
Vestments of the Just - Kill two of Caine's targets and spare the third. I spared the first target (I forget his name right now), spared the second target Ironbelly, then had Caine kill the third, Una. Uses the heavy Shaikan armour appearance.
Currently Unknown Third Set: From YouTube footage I've noticed there appears to be a third set of armour which uses the appearance of Caine's original unique set. The set appears to be a reward for ordering Caine to kill all three of his targets. Due to the prolonged nature of the questline I don't have a save game with this particular armour set yet - I'm actually playing through the game again from an earlier save to get this set.
Reward for Whisper's Quest Chain
Following Whisper's personal questline to its conclusion will award you with a set of Dual Wield Blades for Whisper to use.
Revenge - An item set made up of Dual Wield Blades. This is the reward for completing Whisper's personal side quest which finishes at the grave in Dragh'lur.
Anger Any Hand. Required level 20 Required skill: Dual Wield Blade Health Points 240 Mana 240 Damage 353-655 every 1.4s Hit Probability: 13% on Flash - Causes 480 damage Hunter's Instinct - +20% Damage to Animals
Wrath Any Hand. Required level 20 Required skill: Dual Wield Blade Health Points 292 Mana 181 Damage 359-657 every 1.4s Hit Probability: 15% on Shock - Causes an average of 720 mental damage, depending on the maximum Mana supply of the target. Purifying - +20% Damage to Beasts
Set Bonus: (2) Armor Breaker - Attacks ignore 20% of the enemy's armor
SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny
SpellForce 2: Demons of the Past
Guardian Element Set.
The location of all ten items required for the set is the following:
- Zarach's Bloodcleaver: Plains of Argan. Gift from Zarach himself.
- Hirin's Harbringer: The Depths of Kul'rath. In a guarded chest hidden in some kind of smoke/mist in a valley west of the enemy drakes you have to defeat.
- Elen's Singing Bowstring: The Stepping Stones. In her island, inside a small chest hidden in some bushes left hand side if you go from spider to statue. Use first-person camera to find it
- Zerbo's Spray and Pray: Shadow Realm. Inside a chest behind some buildings near the second travel stone.
- Nor's Moonshadow: Icewastes of Shalibar. At the south-east corner of map, inside a chest (need a flying unit to obtain it)
- Niethalf's Bonecrusher: Westguard. Chest north of the circle of stones up the eastern mountains (where you can find Darc, the dog in according side quest).
- Ereon's Brainstorm: The Citadel. Chest near the portal behind the northern Archon base.
- Shanna's Painkiller: Remains of Steelcoast. Inside a chest to the north of the dinosaur's location (can only be obtained with a flying unit)
- Kerona's Web of Time: Plains of Argan. Sold by Shaikan Merchant (Shaikan base)
- Tiara's Rising Sun: Realm of the Gods. Chest in a triangle shaped room west of Twiddle's blue crystal.
There are no sets available during this game.