The main game and the first expansion were later released as the SpellForce Gold Edition. The SpellForce Platinum Edition includes all three games.
A long time ago, a circle of mages came together to end the chaos in the world and thus bring peace. This alliance of 13 magicians did not only plan a golden era, but they also devised a plan to bring ultimate control of all ancient forces to one of them. For five-hundred years there has been peace but then the dark roamer was foretold that would cloud the eye of Aonir and knowledge about a ritual was spreaded. One circle mage would aquire the power to bind all forces of the world in said ritual, the Convocation, and thus acquiring almightiness. In their hunger for power the circle turned on one another and their peace shattered. A few years before the ritual was to be conducted, a devastating war broke out leaving no race untouched. Only one mage would become almighty. Finally the dark roamer appeared with his magnificent gleaming tail, up in the darkness of the night’s sky, and the days of the Convocation had arrived.
Each of the circle mages began his ritual of convocation, to become the chosen one, but the Eternal Flames – energies that flow through the world and its inhabitants – were too powerful to be controlled by just one individual. The Eternal Flames that once held the world together began to rip it apart. Afterwards fragments of the continents are all that remained. Left over pieces of a formerly flourishing world were now floating through nonentity, connected by means of magical stones and portals.
Rohen, one of the circle mages, starts to reconstruct what is left. He explores the different pieces and gathers attendants; he calls their community the Order of Dawn. Their aim is to rebuild the shattered world. Eight years after the Convocation, Rohen marks the start, changing the fate of the world for all times. He evokes the power of the rune one more time. However, what hidden knowledge does this circle mage have?
- Innovative game design: The unique mixture of RTS and RPG elements offers a brand new game experience.
- High degree of identification with the hero-avatar, whose skills and strengths can be improved by the player
- Click’n’Fight: This revolutionary control system guarantees instant action, the best possible overview and completely new tactical possibilities in battle
- 6 races – Humans, Dwarves, Elves, Dark Elves, Orcs and Trolls – that can be used simultaneously to build settlements and fight battles
- More than 30 different enemy races, from cowardly goblins to powerful demons and dragons
- A multitude of spells, divided into different categories of magic and lots of combat abilities as well (see here).
- Persistant game world with continuous, gripping storyline and myriad sub-quests (see Quests).
- Awe-inspiring 3D graphics with zoom levels from isometric to 3rd-Person-views
In SpellForce: The Order of Dawn a huge number of characters will have their appearance. Now following are the most important ones.
- Rune Warrior / Phoenix Bearer
The protagonist of the story
Leader of the Order of Dawn.
- Rohen Tahir
Circle mage and founder of the Order of Dawn.
- The Dark One
A rogue mage with sinister plans and shrouded in mysteries.
Knight commander of the Order of Dawn in Greydusk Vale.
- Hokan Ashir
Former mage of the circle and master of death and necromancy.
For other minor characters, please have a look at our articles regarding SpellForce: The Order of Dawn.