SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny
This game is the second expansion pack in the SpellForce 2 series, with SpellForce 2: Demons of the Past being the latest as of 16/1/2014.
Four years have passed since the Shaper's defeat through the use of Archfire. During that time scientists, dragons and inventors have tried to find a way to counter the mysterious deterioration of the portals - in vain. The portal network has now totally collapsed and the islands are cut off from one another. The dragons and the Shaikan act as the only connection between the races, but even their resources are limited. Now, with the nations isolated from one another, a new nameless enemy strikes. Eo is completely at the mercy of the attackers ascending from demonic depths. In the midst of this chaos a new hero appears. A simple Shaikan and a member of the hand, he searches desperately for answers to his deeply disturbing dreams. This search leads him to the ancestral home of his people, the Iron Fields, to the mountain of the Patriarch Ur. The elders can only tell him that his dreams are connected to his destiny, but nothing more. Upon arrival all he finds are more questions: Who are these demonic creatures the locals are calling the Nameless? What do the dragons know about the destiny of this world? And what has Professor Twiddles plan to restore the portals to do with all this? To discover his destiny, our hero must acquire new skills and do battle with enemies new and old. But wherever he goes - the Nameless always seem to be a step ahead, and futile battles break out in which the hero holds the destiny of all of Eo in his hands.
- An all new campaign that fits into the SpellForce series and enriches the world of SpellForce, including favourite characters and quests.
- An all new race of demonic enemies are also playable in multiplayer mode, featuring new units and structures.
- Ride into battle on a fierce dragon and use new spells and effects to enhance your tactical possibilities.
- Innovative new Role-Playing-Strategy Genre.
- Click'n'Fight and Quick-Action-Buttons: The revolutionary control system guarantees instant action, and a wealth of unique tactical possibilities at your fingertips.
- Easy Skill tree system that allows individual character development.
- Enjoy a highly detailed and living fantasy world that adapts to the actions of the player: Fight monsters, gather items, adventure, trade and collect mighty artifacts to use for your battles.
- 5 different factions: Lead The Realm, The Clans, The Pact, the Shaikan and the Nameless to victory, with 12 very different units consisting of infantry, cavalry and flyers.
- 13 different races: stubborn humans, agile elves, strong dwarves, barbaric trolls,battle-tested orcs, destructive barbarians, fearless dark elves, unbreakable gargoyles, malicious shadows, heroic shaikan, powerful blades, proud dragonlings and mean demonic powers.
Main article: Characters/SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny
Main Hero: The main character of the game is a Shaikan, whose disturbing dreams puzzle himself and his allies. A dark secret somehow links him to the Nameless, which he himself cannot perceive. Where do those new abilities come from? And why does everybody talk about his destiny?
Rest of the Group:
The hunter of the Abyss is back. Unbroken in his might, accompanied by his new protégé Sariel. His knowledge of demons and his cool intrepidness are a valuable addition to the group Sariel
Catlike in her appearance and her behaviour, she remains a mystery. What she lacks in experience,she compensates for with agility, dexterity and great compassion. Io
The Elf reluctantly joins the group. Atonement is her motivation, vengence her incentive.Her bow drives fear into her enemies. Professor Twiddle
Ingenious and sometimes a little scatterbrained,Professor Twiddle is once again part of the team and his invention could be the means to save the world.
Often enough it has been his fate to codetermine the destiny of Eo. And again his actions are closely tied to the future of the whole world.
- - -